Monday 3 November 2014

Bracelets. made from sewing box treasures



I first saw this bracelet in a 'how to' book. It looked fabulous and I made it immediately by threading buttons, charms and beads onto safety pins and threading them onto elastic as instructed. It was gorgeous. It was also heavy and the threaded pins slid about and the elastic on one of the bracelets unfastened. I made it again with knots, with fewer safety pins, with smaller accessories but was never full happy with the result. 

Finally I threaded the safety pins onto a chain of a decent size with solid links. Then I attached fastenings and a more wearable bracelet was made. Chains come in different sizes and types. Colours range from bronze, gold, silver, black and grey as well as primary colours from some suppliers. 

This is a fantastic bracelet to make. It costs about £15 if you are buying stuff, a lot less if you have the buttons and beads and bits already. It makes a great accessory for an outfit, a fantastic gift and a wonderful project to make in a class or with a family member/friend. 

I have one made entirely from gold buttons, another from black and another from silver. They are eye catching and unusual. I hope you make one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment